Thursday, November 20, 2008

Oh terrible week, please end soon!!!

I am starting to realize that one of my biggest weaknesses is wanting to help everyone, and not being able to say no! Here's my story... about a month ago, a girl in one of my classes was asking if anyone would be willing to help out and babysit for her sister. She then continued by stating that she was a single mom, and just needed an extra babysitter one or maybe sometimes two days a week. After she said that her sister lived in American Fork, I told her that I could probably help out once a week since I am home now. I gave her my number, and told her to have her sister call me if she needed anyone.

About a month went by and I didn't hear anything so honestly kind of forgot about it and went on with my normal routine. Well this past Friday I got a phone call kind of like this "hi, this is so and so's sister calling about you babysitting for me. I am starting a new job on Monday and will just need you Monday to Friday from 8-5, will that be ok?" I was so shocked and didn't really have a chance to think about it so I just said "I guess so". That was pretty much it. I was not at all wanting to babysit everyday, for 45 hours a week! She also told me how much she would pay me, and although the extra money sounded nice... it wasn't very much for 9 hours of babysitting per day... would it be worth it?

My answer for you is NO. It is not worth it. I have felt so stressed and depressed all week. The only time I have left the house has been to go to class last night. I hate being stuck inside all day, and it is so hard to watch someone else's child that I don't even know. She is a very cute girl, but cries and screams anytime I hold Brynn, or walk away from her. After one day of watching her, I told her mom I could only watch her twice a week because it was way too much for me, and I think today I am going to have to tell her that I can't do it at all after next week because it is causing much more stress than I need right now. I just want this week to be over so I can have a weekend without babysitting! I think I am finally going to say no for one of the first times in my life, and I am already stressed about the mother's reaction and haven't even told her yet!

Now on a positive note... I found a really good deal on a plane ticket so I bought it! (After looking for weeks, and having Jesse tell me repeatedly to just buy one because family is more important than money)- thanks hunny :) So Brynn and I are going to Pennsylvania 2 weeks from today to see my family! I am so excited to see them, and sad that Jesse can't come on this trip. I think it will be good for me though, and I can't wait for my family to see Brynn! I am already stressing about the flights though, and how I am going to carry everything and travel with her on my own!

Another happy thing... Jesse and I just ordered a computer! At last! I can't wait for it to get here! We decided to be completely irresponsible and spend some of my extra vacation pay from work on a computer. I told Jesse that I couldn't stay home all day without a computer and access to the internet! So I should be able to post pictures more frequently once that gets here. And sorry there are no pictures this time. I honestly don't think I have taken any this week (that tells you how crazy things have been)!

5 comments:

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Laura, SAY NO!!! Seriously. Just tell her today when she picks up her kids that you can not watch them anymore. She can find someone else over the weekend. That is NOT your job. Seriously. What a freak to even take her girl to some random stranger. SCARY!!!! So, yes say NO and do not feel guilty for one second. And I am excited you got a computer, and Karl is totally jealous. I can't wait to see more pics:)

Larsen said...

Laura I am so sorry that this week has been that awful. I am hoping that this puking thinking ends soon and we can start walking again. Maybe that would help? Getting out of the house at least. I know I'm sick of starring at the ceiling all day long.

lisa said...

Laura we can't wait to see you! We have to get together when your here.

Meredith said...

Oh Prec- yeah, you just need to stop. That is just a really long day and NOT enough money for all the work. The sooner you stop, the happier you will be. :) I can't wait to see more pictures of Brynn posted- that computer is a good investment!

Tiffany said...

GO Laura go Laura gooooooo Laura!!! That was just in case you need some extra cheerleading when you say NO! Just Do It!!!