Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Yellowstone













This weekend we went to Yellowstone with the entire Shelley clan! We always look forward to this trip, and were especially looking forward to it since we haven't been on a rip since October!!! Unfortunately, we were unaware of how different traveling would be with two children! I am afraid the trip was more stressful than relaxing, but we still managed to have a good time with family. I just know what to expect next time!

One of the highlights of the trip for me was the drive up there. We usually drive straight up through Idaho, but decided to drive up through Wyoming this time for a change of scenery. It was so much prettier, and so worth the extra 45 minutes in the car. We drove through the Grand Tetons which I just loved!! Another highlight was something Brynn said at church. We went to a small sacrament meeting near Old Faithful. I got a paper cut from one of the hymn books, and hunched over with a hurt look on my face because it hurt so badly! Brynn looked over at me, and then said to Jesse, "Mommy's trying to poop!" That entertained all who heard!

I am happy to say that although Jesse and I are both exhausted, we did survive our first trip with 2 children! The mini van was so nice to have on this trip...especially with the built in DVD player for Brynn! Blake was also quite the little trooper. Now we will have to see how the big trip to PA goes in November!!

3 comments:

Larsen said...

Cute Kids!! I'm hopefully coming to the end of the nauseous phase. (I hope) Whenever I say that, the next day is no good. Anyway, we need to hang out soon.

Tiffany said...

Looks like a great trip. I think I've learned that trips with children are no longer relaxing. But you make great memories. If you want relaxing you find a babysitter :)

lisa said...

oh my goodness! Kids say the funniest things!