Thursday, August 28, 2008

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

I meant to write (or vent) about this last night, but there was just no time so I am doing it a day late. I just needed to let everyone know how much I hate the first day of fall semester at UVU! This is something I will not miss! I feel like I am automatically in a bad mood when I pull into the parking lot and find that all of the students are parking in employee parking (which there already isn't enough of), and it takes 20-30 minutes to search (or fight) for a parking space. Then I had a constant line outside my door, mostly of students who just couldn't understand why all the classes were full if you wait until the day before school starts to register. It was also my first day of school because I am taking 2 classes this semester. Kind of for fun, but mostly to go towards renewing my school counseling lisence in a few years. Many people have told me that I am crazy, but I am actually looking forward to it since I will just be at home in a few weeks. It will give me something to do for "me".

On a much happier note about yesterday, my new niece was born! She was 6 days late, 6 lbs 12 oz and 20 inches long. She doesn't have a name yet, but I will post more info and pictures after we see her. I am sure Brynn will love having a cousin so close in age, and in her same grade in school!

No comments: