Friday, August 15, 2008

It's Official!

In just a few weeks, I will officially be a stay at home mom! I just gave my notice yesterday to quit my job, and September 30 will be my last day. I have worked at UVSC (now UVU) for 6 1/2 years now, and love my job so this is kind of sad for me. But Brynn comes first and I can't wait to just be home with her and hopefully become more domestic! I think the scariest part of all of this is the fact that we will be taking a big financial cut and losing half of our income. But as Jesse and I have experienced in the past, when we do what's right for our family, the finances somehow seem to work out. We'll see how it goes!!

5 comments:

The Cramer Crew said...

Hi Laura! It's Stacy (Crystal's sister) I hope it's ok but I've been peeking at your blog once in a while - I saw you on Crystal's blog....I just had to write and tell you how cute your family is!! Your little girl is SO cute and you look so good!!!!! It's nice to see how people you know are doing - I wish I would have gotten to bump into you while you were here :( Anyways, good luck with staying at home.....that was so sad to hear about your friends! It reminded me to be more loving to my kids because they could be gone tomorrow!! Was he sick? He sounded a little old for it to be sids?.....

Andrew and Lori Stewart said...

Laura that is awesome that you will be home soon. It will be so worth it. I can't wait for us to all play together!

Meredith said...

Hey that's great. I will miss seeing you on campus this semester though. :( I'll just have to come over more often.

Lexi said...

That is crazy lucky! I will miss you!

Wendy said...

Laura - I am SO happy for you!! I know from watching my own son's wives and families that being home with the kids is the very best if you can possibly do it - so CONGRATS!! Maybe I'll get to run into you again at Walmart or at one of the kid's things. You're so great. I miss you!
Wendy