Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Heart Breaking News

Brynn and I have gotten into a pretty good routine this summer of going walking every morning with my friend Michelle and her adorable son Gavin. Michelle and I were roomates back in the day (she's was the longest roomate I ever had), and she is one of my very best friends. We are now lucky enough to live pretty close to each other, and these walks honestly became the highlight of my day (besides Jesse coming home of course). I love being able to talk about anything under the sun, and loved seeing little Gavin!

On Sunday night, Michelle's husband Jaron called me and told me that Michelle wouldn't be able to go walking that next morning because Gavin had passed away a few hours earlier. I wanted so badly to wake up and have that phone call be a dream, but it wasn't. My heart just broke... it just doesn't seem fair that such wonderful parents should lose their baby who was just a little over a year old!!

I feel like all of my thoughts since that phone call have been geared towards Michelle, Jaron, and little Gavin. I am so sad for them, and am so worried about Michelle right now. I just wish there was something I could do to make everything better... but there isn't. So to Michelle and Jaron, our thoughts and prayers are with you... and to the rest of you who are reading, please keep this wonderful family in your prayers!

I guess Gavin was just too pure and perfect to stay in this cruel world, but it still doesn't seem fair that he is gone. But how lucky he was to have such wonderful parents here who loved him more than anything! I am so thankful for the time that I was able to spend with him. My mornings will not be the same without seeing his smiling face. It is just so amazing how someone so little can have such a huge impact on everyone around them.

2 comments:

matthew emilee sarah and jack said...

Hello Laura , this is Sarah Morris ( FULTZ) I found your blog when i came across lisa cramers blog . anyway i just read this heartbreaking story , my cousin and his wife just lost a baby when he was four months old . it is so sad and so hard to comprehend. thank good ness we have the gospel. One thing my cousins wife told me one day was talk about Baby shane to me and not to treat her like you had to walk on eggshells with her . Just be there for her to talk and encourage her to do so . Your daughter is absoultley beautiful . congrats

Tiffini said...

I am so sorry. I know I don't know your friends but they will be in my thoughts and prayers as well as you. Its so hard to understand the big picture sometimes and I'm so thankful for the gospel in our lives.