Sunday, September 7, 2008

TOMATOS TOMATOS TOMATOS

So yesterday I had my first experience canning tomatos from my garden. Dawn, my friend from work, came to help and we are now pros. We went through approximately 12 gallons of tomatoes, and canned about 24 quarts. Needless to say, I don't want to see another tomato for a LONG time! After 7 hours of work, I am thinking it might be more worth it to just buy a case at the Smith's caselot sale next time... but I guess the fresh ones do taste so much better!

4 comments:

NikiJo Bluth said...

You go girl!!! I hate to can!I canned salsa back in Ogden, it was really good but an all day process! yuck! So I'm with ya on the whole case lot thing! now... more pics of Brynn please!!
Ya Ya

Camille said...

I miss living near your Laura. And your baby is so beautiful...she looks like such a good mix of the two of you!

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

So i dunno what is worse. To many tomatoes or not enough. I planted a tomato plant this year and I had, well one tomato total and the poor thing was the size of a quarter. Sad! I don't have a green thumb i guess. hey i'm have a girls night out. If Jesse will let you leave his side for a night i would love if you could come. read my blog for details. Sorry I sound like a salesman. If you ask anyone, i don't even wear jewelry, but I love having parties! Hope you can come. Meg