Friday, March 19, 2010

Quiet Book



This page is magnetic so you can put the armor on and move the peices all around.


All of these pieces have Velcro on them, and are numbered underneath and on the back so you can match them up, and there is also a little pocket to put them in.
This page is also magnetic so you can move the bees all over the place.
This page just has two pockets that you can put the money in.
And this arc is basically a big pocket that zips up that the animal finger puppets fit into.


So a little over a year ago, I had this brilliant idea to make a quiet book for Brynn to keep her entertained during church. Little did I know how much time and effort this "little" project would require!! I don't really know how to sew...so this was a learning experience for me! I would work on it for a while, and get so frustrated that I would literally put it away for a few months until I was ready to work on it again. I really wanted to have it done by Christmas, and that didn't happen, so then the goal became getting it done before baby #2 arrives. Well, tonight I finally finished all of the pages. I am so proud of myself!! Now, I just need to put it all together and I am hoping to do that this weekend. I just hope Brynn likes it, and that it lasts for a while because I will NEVER make one of these again!! It was WAY too much work, but I am definitely glad that I did it :)

5 comments:

Sarah Shelley said...

WOW! Way to go! I am not that ambitious. I thought about making one for Miles but decided that I am too lazy. Way to go. It is super cute!

Larsen said...

WAY IMPRESSED!!! That looks like something Jaron would enjoy during sacrament. So cute!! when i get more ambitious you;ll have to give me instructions

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

that is SO cute. I have seen those a BUNCH lately and was going to make one in like November, and then Karl's mom gave Max one for Christmas- hahahah PERFECT:) It is way cute though.

Meredith said...

I'm so glad that you posted it cause I never did get to see the book at your shower. Too cute!

Lexi said...

You are so creative and I bet she loves it!