Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Prenatal Class

So Jesse and I started our prenatal class at the hospital last week and it has made things seem a little more real to me. I really do have to give birth in less than 2 months now which is kind of a scary thought! I am pretty sure I cried most of the way home last week because it all seemed too overwhelming and I decided I couldn't handle the whole labor process. Oh the joys of being an emotional basket-case! I was also worrying the whole time about how Jesse was handling all of it because he was NOT at all excited about going to these classes. But I really do appreciate how supportive he has been through all of this... thanks hunny :)

But on a positive note, I was feeling lots better after last nights class. We got a little tour of the hospital, and got to take a little peek at some of the babies in the nursery. Seeing the darling little newborns made me realize how excited I am to have one of my very own. I can wait to have our little girl here and see what she is like. She is going to be a great little addition to our home and I am so excited to be starting our very own family!!

4 comments:

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Hey! I am glad you guys made it through your first class!!! I know it is probably so weird to think that you will be a mom soon, but you guys will be great parents. I'm so sad that Jesse didn't get a tool box, Karl is really sad about it too. I guess Karl was bidding on two of them hoping to get one for Jesse, but someone else got is. Are you guys going to the wedding this weekend?

Linley and Austin said...

Laura, all I have to say is GET AN EPIDURAL!!! Lol. You will do great. It was really overwhelming to me to think that soon this little baby had to come out of me, but being a mom is the best thing in the world and you are going to be an awseome mommy! Hope to see you at Jordies wedding!

Tiffini said...

I agree with Linley 200%!!! I was going to be all natural with Brightyn and I couldn't just because they had to start my contractions with pitocin so I had to be monitored but even though I got a epidural with Hayden it didn't work and I will NEVER NEVER NEVER go natural!! No prize for going natural won't be in the pain..that's my new moto! It was nice seeing you guys the other day at the wedding. You look so cute! The prenatal classes kinda make things seem like they're really going to happen and make it overwelming I agree. You'll do great.

Kalli said...

Laura it was fun to see you and Jesse at the wedding you are soo cute pregnant and you guys are going to be the cutest family I bet Jesse's family is so excited! I never took the prenatal classes cause I knew was going to have a C-Section from my first doctors appointment so I can relate with you in the fear of "labor" I have a baby and still don't know what labor feels like (nor do I ever want to feel that) but I feel for you.. just like Linley said though get an epidural and you will do great. I can't wait to start seeing pictures of your new addition to the family. By the way I always look at your blog from Melissa's I hope that is ok do you care if I add you guys to my page?