Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our Pennsylvania Trip

Here are some pictures of our trip to Pennsylvania. It was really great to see my family, and for them to be able to spend time with Brynn, but we both missed Jesse very much!! I feel like I was calling him every five minutes. I did have a little bit of bad luck on this trip too. Just to give you a little idea of my weekend... it all started out by getting my period (for the first time in a year and a half) right before it was time to board the plane. What are the chances of this happening the day I am flying alone with my 7 month old daughter! I was totally unprepared, and that just sucked! Then I got the stomach flu while I was there so I spent a day and a half just being really sick and not being able to keep anything down. Luckily my mom was there to help take care of me... thanks mom! On the way home, my suitcase was 3 pounds too heavy, so I had to carry a little extra to avoid paying an additional $90 fee. Then when we were trying to get on the plane, the flight attendant very rudely told me that my carry on was too full and that I couldn't get on the plane with it. She left me there holding Brynn, a car seat, diaper bag, and my carry on suitcase totally blocking the way of everyone else trying to board the plane. Luckily, we made it home in one piece!

On a happy note, I was able to spend time with my family, do lots of shopping (I found so many great deals... $.99 and $1.99 racks of cute kids clothes), and celebrate an early Christmas with my family. It was fun watching Brynn open presents. She just wanted to eat all of the wrapping paper! So thanks to my family for a fun trip in spite of my bad luck. And thanks to Jesse for fixing our roof, and surprising me by painting the basement while I was gone! Isn't he great?!!!

2 comments:

Luana said...

Hi Laura,
It was fun seeing pictures of your family. Is your Grandma Jane still living? I remember her very well.

Meredith said...

Aww....those were cute pictures of the fam. I'm glad that I get to see Brynn more often!