Tuesday, December 30, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO... ...

ME! Yes, today is my 27th birthday and I am not quite sure how I feel about my new age. My sweet husband just keeps reminding me that I am just getting closer to 30 than 20. Thanks Jesse, in just a few months you'll be here too! My day is going pretty well so far. It all began at 4:30 waking up to my sick screaming baby. Jesse was kind enough to take her downstairs so I could get a few more hours of sleep (I can't sleep if she I hear her cry). Then he made me a fabulous breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and hashbrowns. After that, he left to go swimming with the scouts and I made my Birthday cake. I have never made my own cake before, but I really wanted to try making an ice-cream cake since I like cake more than ice-cream so we'll see how it turned out. Now Jesse is home and I think I might go to Old Navy to buy something for myself with a gift card from my brother and his wife. Then Jesse is taking me to lunch/dinner, and his family is coming over tonight for cake and a Rook tournament! I can't wait, I love that game and I hope Jesse and I win! Here are a few pictures of me in my younger years :)

And this is a picture of my birthday present! It's a Lazy Boy Rocker Recliner for Brynn's room. I love it! We went to the RC Willey Scratch and Dent outlet yesterday to look for a freezer, and found this instead. It's something I have really wanted for a while, but wasn't willing to spend the money on cause I had my $10 glider rocker that I found at a yard sale. But this was in the clearance section for a great price, with an extra 25% off, and my awesome husband let me get it for my Birthday! Thanks Jesse!!!!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Ummmm....I LOVE that chair!!! I think that I may just have to try that out tomorrow night.

Linley and Austin said...

Happy Birthday! That second picture of you you look like Jennifer Aniston...seriously you do! I hope you had a happy birthday and you guys have a happy new year too!

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!! I love the chair and I hope that you had a great bday!:)

Larsen said...

I just want you to know that I didn't know what day it was until like 10:30 pm and I thought "OH NO!!! LAURA"S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!" But then decided it was to late to call. So happy beleated birthday. (We are back in town now to.So we can start walking)