Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!


How great it is to have one special day set aside dedicated to spening time with those you love. As I got up this morning to make my husband breakfast and pack his lunch for work (this DOES NOT happen on a regular basis), I was reminded of our first Valentine's Day together when we were dating. I had to work all day, and then had class till 10:30 pm, and Jesse worked until 11 pm. So... we didn't get to see each other at all. But we spent our spare time that day doing little simple things to express our love for each other. I decorated his car in the morning, and he decorated my bedroom while I was busy working that day. This helps me to realize that it's those simple acts of kindness that really count. It's not the flowers, chocolates, or even presents that prove that we love someone, but how we treat them each day. Some people at work might think I am the "Valentine's Grinch" because I won't let my husband buy me a present for Valentine's day, but that's because I know that he loves me because of the way he treats me like princess everyday! I am not against presents by any means, but the limited budget does play a special role in all of this. I can't wait to spend a romantic evening with my sweet husband, and actually make him a descent meal for once (let's be honest... I never feel like cooking by the time I get home from work)! I hope all of you have a Happy Valentine's Day and are able to spend it with someone you love!!

2 comments:

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

That is just the cutest post ever. I remember that time when Jesse decorated your room. I am so happy you two have each other. We really look up to you and wish you a very Happy Valentine's Day. I hope you enjoy dessert;)

Tiffini said...

Jorg is so gross lol j/k. I hope you had a great Valentines Day. That post was very sweet. Next year will be even better. I love Valentines day with the boys.