Thursday, April 3, 2008

Let the Sleepless Nights Begin...

So I decided after last night that my nights of sleeping peacefully have come to an end!! On Wednesday morning I was up at 3 am and never went back to sleep after that, and then last night I was awake from about 12:30 am until 5:15 am, and then managed to sleep sitting up for about an hour after that. I have been getting this terrible back pain on my right side when I lay down that just won't go away at night! Last night I moved from my bed to the couch in the living room, then back to my bed where I tried using a heating pad, and then to the couch in the family room. When I finally decided that I wasn't going to fall asleep again I watched 4 episodes of full house on Nick at Night, and just sat there uncomfortably until Jesse got up for work. The worst part was the fact that I had to come to work after all of that and now I feel like a zombie!! Jesse suggested this morning that we buy a recliner which is starting to sound like a really good idea. If only we had some spare cash :) I just keep telling myself that this is a blessing in disguise and when the baby comes, I will be a pro at those sleepless nights!


6 comments:

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Oh man! I am so sorry Laura. I know it is SUPER hard to come work a full day after you have had no sleep! Just hang in there. You have one month and that cute little one will be there:)

The Powell Family said...

I remember these nights. I always had to sleep with a pillow on each side of me and I would sleep walk myself to the bottle of antacids every night!

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Oh Laura, I heard you didn't sleep last night either. You should seriously look into getting a recliner. Last time Karl and I were at RC Willey outlet in Provo they had some pretty cheap ones, under $100. I know you guys are penny pinchers, but at least you could sleep! LOL

Tiffini said...

I remember those times....
At least you have a good outlook on it and like you said when she's here then you will have no problem waking up with her. If you could buy a recliner it would be nice if you plan on nursing.

Camille said...

I can't say that I relate to your uncomfortableness (is that even really a word?) but I will tell you that I will definitely be at your baby shower. Yeah! I can't wait to see you again. And just think...the next time I see you (after Hawaii) you will have the little one with you!

Kalli said...

Oh man I feel for you hopefully you can get some catch up rest before that baby comes though. I am so excited for you being a mom is so great way worth all the pain of pregnancy and sleepless nights, but you will be an awesome mom. I hope you can get some sort of recliner cause like Tiffini said it would be nice after the baby if you plan on nursing.