Wednesday, April 2, 2008

An attempt at April Fools jokes

I have never really been good at playing tricks on people... especially on my husband because he can see right through my lies (which is probably a good thing). But I decided that I wanted to play some kind of trick on him for April Fools day yesterday. I knew it needed to be something believable that would freak him out just for a minute. So it worked out perfectly that I just happened to have a doctor's appointment yesterday and it was the first time my doctor was checking me to see if I am making any progress towards delivery. I decided to tell Jesse that the baby was probably going to come really early because I thought that would make him really nervous. So as soon as he got home, I told him that we would probably be having a baby a lot sooner than we thought. Then I told him that I was 5 cm dilated, and 95% effaced, and that the doctor didn't think I would make it longer than a week. Instead of freaking out like I thought, Jesse came over and gave me a big hug and said "Good job Hun, I knew she would come early!" So I told him right away that I was kidding, and was really only 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. But at least I am making a little progress :)

Jesse had also planned on playing a joke on me, but it didn't quite work out. He called my doctors office on his lunch break to see if the doctor would tell me that he found a second heartbeat and that I was really having twins! The receptionist did some investigating for him and talked to my doctor, but they couldn't do it because of all of the privacy laws (thank goodness). I think that would have given me a heart attack! But it was a good effort on his part.

3 comments:

Tiffini said...

i laughed my butt off. those were both good jokes! that is great progress congrats she'll be there in no time!! that would be crazy though if you did have twins and didn't know. shocker!!

Linley and Austin said...

Oh man, good thing Jesse wasnt able to go ahead with his joke! I would have died! Wow, you are making progress girlfriend. You know, the day before I had Kylie I was dialated to like a 1 and the next day I had her! The doctor couldn't believe it so maybe you will have her early!

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

No, Karl did not do a joke on me, I told him I would kill him:) Was he planning on doing one?