Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sleeping Beauty




Here are a few pictures that Jesse took of Brynn a few days ago while she was sleeping. She just looked so cute and peaceful. I can't believe she is one month old already. Time is flying by so fast, and she is getting so big! She is also smiling a lot more too which has been really fun. Overall, she has been a very good baby. She sleeps most of the day, and is generally happy unless she is hungry. The only real challenges have been getting her to sleep more at night, and the battle of trying to get her to take a bottle. She refuses to take a pacifier which is fine, but she also refuses to drink out of a bottle which has me a little stressed out. I am supposed to present at a conference for work this Wednesday in Heber, and Brynn is going to have to come along because I am the only one who can feed her. So if anyone has any brilliant ideas as to how to get her to take a bottle, please let me know!! I think we have tried 5 different bottles/nipples now and she doesn't like any of them. Going back to work part time in August could be a little tricky if we don't solve this problem.


6 comments:

Tiffini said...

Have you tried the parent choice bottles (they have a purple ring that holds the nipple) from walmart with the staw in the middle? The straw part is to help push air down to the bottom of the bottle to help with colic. They really do work and Hayden LOVES them. They also have a nipple that's supposed to be like nursing. Or the Gerber ones too. Good luck. Try having Jesse feed her sometimes they won't eat if she knows that you have milk.

Tiffini said...

Also, are you putting formula or breast milk in there? If you're putting formula try breast milk and if you're putting breast milk try formula once since it will have a different taste.

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Um I will be at the conference and I will just hold her the entire time!!! Problem....SOLVED:)

Tiffany said...

Ok, Kyler did the same thing, after 3 weeks of absolutly nothing workings, heres what I did. I use platex bottles (but I don't think the bottle really matters) with a latex nipple, the brown ones, I know there not really pretty but they are more maliable so they feel more like a breast, and then I only bottle fed him at night, so he was so tired and hungry he didn't notice, after doing this for about a week, he switched, yea! Let me know how it goes tiffanyswinghunt@hotmail.com!

Tiffany said...

I just realized I was to late for the conference, sorry!

Megan said...

I love the family picture. I can't imagine who the photographer was... haha! Brynn is getting so big. She looks adorable.