Thursday, March 5, 2009

My new job

That's right, I am going to be starting a job pretty soon! It's just a temporary thing, but any extra money is better than nothing. I am always looking for any opportunity to earn money... and be with Brynn at the same time. So something from home is always ideal. And I can never come up with anything. So I decided to apply to help with the 2010 census to earn a little extra cash. You have to take a test first, and they basically hire based on test score and your availability. So I went to take the test last Monday, and Aced it! I couldn't believe that I didn't get any wrong... that was a miracle. So then this Monday I got a call from them offering me a job as a lister for their next project, and then the man went on to say that they were so impressed with my test score and application that they really wanted me to be a crew leader who would train and supervise 12 listers in the area. Wow... I was pretty surprised. So I am still trying to decide which will work out best for me, but I will most likely take the crew leader position as long as I am able to do most things with Brynn with me. So I start training next Friday, and am really excited about this. After all of the training is completed, it will be about an 11 week project which I am sure will keep me very busy! But I am really excited to be able to bring in a little extra cash since things have been so tight lately. Plus I think working for the federal government should be some good experience for me. What a blessing this is!

1 comment:

Sef said...

Hey Laura! Was wondering where all my Hershey peeps went. Everyone always said to ask Laura if I needed contact information so looks like I lucked out that you found me. Good luck with your new job and keep in touch. Don't feel like hijacking your comment to talk with ya.